Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Beloved, My Friend

Within Your eyes
I see the reason
galaxies, planets and stars
marshal themselves
to obey Your command.

O Eternal One,
even in the clamour of war,
I have remembered You
and found strength
in the midst of conflict.

So I raise my voice
and shout unto You
with a voice of triumph.
For You are El Gibhor,
mighty in battle,
glorious and victorious.

I have stood in silence,
felt the icy chill of winter,
watched the falling of snow
and wept like a child.

Wept, for the winter in my own heart
had finally come to an end.
The sun has broken through the clouds.
How the warmth of Your love
has illuminated my world
and renewed my life!

So now I stand before You
and worship with tears.
For Your love has made me free.
Your Spirit has rescued me
and given me a new identity.

In this glorious presence
mortal fear is vanquished.
The King has redeemed my life.
He has sent His Spirit
to testify of a love, fuller than oceans,
flowing from the heart of the Father.

Desire of Nations,
O Bright and Morning Star,
how pure and radiant You are!

It is written,
Arabia's desert ranger
will bow before You
and the kings from distant lands
will bring You tribute,
that Yours is the Name which will endure,
and Your years will never come to an end.

I entreat You,
let my years be consumed
with the power of Your legacy.
Let the triumph of Your conquest
forever remain
blazoned upon my armour.
And may the virtue and fervour
of Your Eternal Spirit,
flow ceaselessly.

In the Name above every name,
for the cause of Your Kingdom
let me carry Your light
through the battlefields of earth,
over this threshold of time
into the Zion of God,
where beholding Your face,
I will come alive
to worship You alone
throughout the eons of eternity.
____